Step 1: Schedule an introductory phone call
You can contact us online or call 800-716-0674 to schedule your introductory phone call with Mary Deshong-Kinkelaar, CFP®. The call usually lasts about 20 to 30 minutes. It allows you to speak with Mary about your financial planning needs and learn how she can assist you.
Step 2: Complete our Confidential Questionnaire
If she can assist you, Mary we’ll send you a link to a Confidential Questionnaire following your introductory call. After Mary reviews your information, she will follow-up with a proposed scope of services and estimated fee quote. For first time clients, Mary offers a Financial Foundation Engagement for detailed planning needs, or an On the Spot Session for more limited planning needs. Engagements are customized to your situation. More information about these programs can be found at this link.
Step 3: Get ready for your first session
Items that are usually needed for Mary to analyze your situation include recent account statements, pay statements, last filed tax return, employee benefit information, insurance info, etc. Basically, anything that helps Mary get a clearer picture of your current financial situation is useful. Please plan to bring copies you can leave with us. If you prefer to send this information electronically, we can provide a secure file sharing link to upload your documents. For security reasons, please do not send documents to us via email.
Step 4: Next steps for Financial Foundations or On the Spot Engagements
Financial Foundations Engagement:
- We typically start with a Discovery Session, at which time Mary will review with you your documents, situation, priorities, questions, and goals.
- Following the Discovery Session, Mary completes the analysis and develops recommendations customized to your situation.
- This information is then reviewed with you during a Presentation Session.
- Depending on the scope of the engagement, Mary may provide follow-up coaching or implementation assistance based on your needs.
On the Spot Engagement:
- To make the most of our time together, Mary will let you know if she needs to receive your documentation in advance or during your working session.
- During an On the Spot working session, Mary will help you prioritize your financial issues and address them to the degree that time allows.
- In addition to the working session, some amount of time to prepare, analyze and offer follow-up assistance is usually required.
- Details of the engagement are customized to your situation and clarified in a service agreement.